Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Easter & the Frozen Four

Well... It has been a busy month. Ava spent a couple of weekends with Grammy Belva and Emily. Thanks Grammy. Mommy went to the Catskill Symphony Orchestra with Fran one night and got all dressed up - it was lots of fun. The President of the College was a guest conductor so it was work and play - I had a good time. Ava has visited the doctor a few more times - her ears still have pressure behind the wax build up... She is having a great time at preschool - it is wonderful to see that she is adjusting so well. She speaks regularly about her friends at school and what they have done.... including Ms. Diane telling her to ride her bike slower after Ava showed me a boo boo and tales of being the "line leader". Some other cute things - she calls Fran's beard - spider and ants, has a pair of shoes she calls her Ballerina shoes, still adores Diego and Dora, strings along a lot of sentences to tell random stories and has very specific stories that go along with her pictures.

For Easter, Ava was with Daddy. So, I spent the weekend in Washington, DC. It was my first time to visit our Capital and I soaked in every minute that I could. I was awestruck by the magnitude of the buildings and the depth of history. I was able to see Kate R. (one of my students from IC) who works for a Senator and she showed us around the Capital Building. We traveled with friends who were a lot of fun to be around.
We attended the Frozen Four tournament (NCAA Division I finals for hockey) and watched some awesome hockey. Boston University won - it was hard to hold true to my BC Eagle roots and not cheer for BU, until I heard the BU fans ripping on BC and we were not even in the tournament... I wore red for the final game (both teams had red as a school color) but could not bring myself to wear the BU terrier gear... Even at the Irish pub after the final game the BU fans choose to stir the BC/BU puddle - just wait till next year BU.

Ava and I celebrated Easter (Easter Baskets) on Sunday night after she returned from Daddy's and Fran made us an Easter ham dinner on Monday night - he's a great cook! After the last week - I am afraid to stand on a scale but it was worth every mouth watering bite!


Ava still has a smile that makes her mom love her even more - all scrunched up.... So - life has been very busy being a mom, at work, and spending time developing friendships. But, it has been a very good month.
Happy Easter!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Meg:

    Great to see you looking so happy!! Didn't you visit the DC for an ACPA conference a few years ago... I think I have a picture of us having BBQ with former Cortlan people and Tim was one of them!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Baltimore with you (and Tim) for ACPA - I did not attend the DC conference...

    ReplyDelete