Saturday, September 26, 2009

September - I worked too much...

September to mid-October are always very busy in my field - but this year was particularly busy balancing being a single mom of a three year old and experiencing my first fall at Hartwick. Ava spent about 10 days of the month with her Dad. It is good that she is spending extra time with him, but it is always a struggle to get her back into her routine the next couple of days.

One weekend I went to Caz to see my mom and take care of some Dad and Dan business and another weekend I went to visit my friends Abby, Bryan and their boys. It was fun to watch Ava just fall into her old routine with their boys - it was like we still lived down the street. There are definitely days when I wish I lived a lot closer to many of my friends in Cortland.

Xena (the dog that Ava's Dad Kept) came out for the weekend while he was away. Her hips are not good, so he/I wanted to spend some time with her. It is hard for me to see her age... She has always been full of it and now she needs to limit her movement - scary!

I was actually busy enough that I did not take any pictures this month... sorry.

Cool Ava things - Ava talks about the College mascot "Swoop" all the time but right now she is a bit afraid of him. She enjoys going to games with me (thank goodness because we go to a lot) and running around the fields/courts. Dochio is now officially Ponochio, but Dora is still Dorla. Her favorite movies are Shrek and Ice Age. She loves to read and will even go off to read by herself. I read one book to her about two times and then I heard her "reading" the story to her stuffed hippo "Gloria". Ava must take Gloria everywhere. As a matter of fact, I went out and purchased a second one because she disappeared for about 48 hours and Ava had quite a melt down. She likes to pick out her own clothes and PJs and generally I give in. Really - I put a few choices in front of her - we will see how soon she figures that out. I wish I could make the sippy cup go away but we have a few habits - drinking milk in the morning while watching TV in mommy's bed while mommy gets ready for work and in the car - and she is just not good enough with a straw cup yet... Potty training is spotty. There are times when she makes it her goal to see the pull-up turn colors (it does that when she goes pee in it). I can't decided if pull ups are a good thing or not. I wish I could find the perfect stool and potty seat - she is sooo tiny and getting up to the potty is still a bit of a hassle for her... Right now she is 35 inches all and 25 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment