Well - Another month that did not go as planned... but still better than last year.
The first half of the month was very busy at work and Ava spent the some extra time with her Dad. At work we had a Board of Trustees meeting, then Homecoming and Reunion Weekend, Family Weekend and an Admissions Visit Day. All events were successful and we had great fall weather to share with all of the visitors to campus.
Ava, Fran and I went to Fly Creek Cider Mill for a beautiful fall day and enjoyed attending several games (football, field hockey, soccer, volleyball).
I had my appendix out on October 15th and the rest of the month was pretty much a blur. Mom and Fran were very helpful and Ava was great! I learned quickly that I have made several good friends here and I am feeling more comfortable in this community than I had realized prior to the operation. I can now tell parents at the college first hand that we have a great hospital in town...
For Halloween Ava wanted to be a fairy princess. The College had a children's Halloween party mid-week and the town has a parade that we attended on Saturday. Then one of her pre-school class mate's family had a party. It was a very busy and fun week - A big thanks to Fran who spent a lot of time carrying Ava around in the rain and re-attaching her very special fairy wings.
No comments:
Post a Comment