For two years I wrote about the my journey to Ava Linh in Thai Nguyen, Vietnam and back to the US in a blog at http://www.avalinh.blogspot.com/ . Since our lives and the focus of our journey have shifted from adoption and travel to raising a little girl as a single mom - I have changed the focus of the blog and started a new one. I hope you enjoy watching us grow and learn together.
About me: Newly single mom in her forties, college vice president with a doctorate in higher education administration, grew up and work in central New York, we just moved to a new town 90 miles away from where we used to live.
About Ava: Two and half year old, beautiful, intelligent, rambunctious little girl. Ava was abandoned by her birth family at a hospital in Thai Nguyen, Vietnam when she was less than a week old and raised in an orphanage until she was five months old. She is the most amazing person and the light of my life. Her Dad and I went to Vietnam to pick her up and have been with her ever since. She attends day care full time at a center associated with our local State college. She is developmentally at or beyond where she is supposed to be according to standard tests, she eats and sleeps well, she is healthy, petite, and has a great attitude. She likes routine and experiences stranger anxiety - especially now that we have forced her into another major life transition.
I hope this will be an interactive blog with answers from the people with more experience than me and a chance for me to share what is happening in our lives. I also plan to have some standard topics that I mention each time I write, so that over time I can see how the answers change. I will be blogging about Ava, how to manage the joys of being a mom, how to balance work and family, how to understand/respond to the decisions of her father, and general life issues.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment