Friday, March 26, 2010

March - Lots of dancing - but mostly at work

My little ballerina... where did her chubby little baby legs go... 3.5 years old.


Home life was pretty normal this month. I just wish that I had spent more time with Ava. She is little miss independent. She loves to dance and sing to almost anything. She has taken to finding mommy's pretty things - nail polish, make up, jewelry, perfume and then sneaking around at night when mommy is sleeping to collect them. I often find them the next morning in her bed or tucked in her secret drawer. It's not really so secret - but she thinks it is. I now have a latch on the upstairs closet and shelves in the bathroom that are shoulder high. She found her dresses again and wants to wear them regularly. The only trouble is that it is still cold here so she has to wear pants with them and often a long sleeve shirt with a dress over it. She often picks the brightest, most colorful, uncoordinated outfit possible - and I love it. She adores her Dunkin Donuts morning dates with Fran. She dances so she can see her reflection in the oven. Her favorite movies are Strawberry Shortcake and she loves her tiny little Strawberry Shortcake doll stuff... Since it is still very cold outside - we found a new past time - McDonald's Play land. She calls it "Old McDonald's". She is just tall enough to maneuver through the magnificent structure that comes with food and toys. She also has lots of fun playing with her new friends Sam and Johnny while mommy talks with her friend Geoff. I only had to go to the top of the structure once... After that Sam showed Ava how to reach tall and leverage the corners to get to the top and that the slides were actually fun.

I went away for about a week to conferences in Boston and Ithaca. When in Boston I got to catch the Eastern Regional Playoff game for men's hockey which was the start of Boston College's road to the National NCAA Championship (Frozen Four). I am a very proud BC Alumna. Looking forward to a repeat next year!
So it was a short month when it comes to Ava and Meg stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment